Monday 2 April 2018

Petal Palette

Hello friends,

I hope you all had a Happy Easter. We had a lovely day with family, so a nice way to celebrate.

I have seen a few cards with the “Black Ice” technique. I decided to put my spin on it and use other colours rather than black. Here I have used Flirty Flamingo and just love the results.



For this technique I used Powder Pink card (#144251) for the card front. Then using the Flirty Flamingo ink pad (#141397), I dragged it from the top to the bottom of the card about half way across the card, then repeated on the other side. Depending on how “inky” your ink pad is, how much pressure you will need to use. Also, you will get more ink on some parts and less on others depending on the pressure, so will give you a unique background each time. Next I stamped the flower image from Petal Palette stamp set (#c145788, #145785) with Basic Black Archival ink (#140931). I heated this with the Heat Tool (#129056) to ensured this was dry before the next step. Then I dragged the VersaMark pad (#102283) down the card, the same as the coloured ink, then applied Clear Embossing Powder (#109130) all over the card. This was then heat set with the Heat Tool which gives a lovely “icey” look to the card. This card was attached to a piece of Basic Black card (#121688), which was then attached to the Flirty Flamingo base card (#141421). The sentiment is from the Butterfly Basics stamp set (#c138816, #w138813, #p137154) and stamped with Basic Black ink. This was cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelits (#145372)) and Layering Labels Framelits (#141706) were used to cut the black card, then attached to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals (#104430).

I hope you can see how shiny and “Icey” this looks like. I love the effect. Hope you do too.








No comments:

Post a Comment