Sunday 15 May 2022

Masking technique with Cottage Rose

Hi friends,

Firstly I am just taking a break over the next 7-10 days but I will be back before the end of the month.

On todays card the masking technique has been used when stamping the flowers and leaves from the Cottage Rose stamp set (#159040). I was trying to make a card with just stamping but couldn’t resist adding some extra elements.




I used the medium size single flower and stamped this with Polished Pink ink (#155712). Then using masks I stamped the other 2 flowers. Then masking 2 of the flowers I stamped the leaves with Granny Apple Green ink (#147095).

“Happy Birthday” is from the Go To Greetings stamp set (#158763) and also stamped with Polished Pink ink. I cut the scallops with a die from the Penned Flowers dies (#155557) using Polished Pink card (#155711). I cut the corner from the Basic White card front (#159228) and attached the scallops. This was then attached to the Vellum Layering Designs (157764), then attached to the Polished Pink card base.

TIP: When attaching vellum I like to only tape where it can’t be seen, so I used tape under the white card. I also added a Mini Glue Dot (#103683) in the bottom left corner, then added an embellishment on top from the 2021-2023 In Color Opal Rounds (#159185).

To make a mask, I stamp the image on a piece of Post it Notes and cut out the image. Cut on the line rather than leaving a border so the next stamped image is close to the previous stamped image. Place the mask over the stamped image so the next image doesn’t overlap the first image. (There is now a Masking Paper (#155480) which you can use for masking. Just waiting for mine to arrive.) 

“Love what you do and share what you love.”



No comments:

Post a Comment