Wednesday 4 January 2023

Beautifully Happy

Welcome and Happy New Year to everyone,

I hope your Christmas & New Year was a relaxing time for you. I had a lovely Christmas but then suffered from a vomiting bug which slowed me down for a week but I’m now back on track. I am looking forward to an exciting year ahead.

Tomorrow (5th January) is the start of the new Mini catalogue (till 1st May) and Sale-a-bration (till 28th February) which is very exciting. If you aren’t sure what Sale-a-bration is, well you can receive free products when you place a qualifying order ($90 or $180 in Australia). Please contact me if you want more information.

Today I have made 3 cards using the Beautifully Happy stamp set (#160804) which is a Sale-a-bration product. The first card is simple stamping, the second card I have stepped it up a bit and the 3rd is stepped up even more. However all cards are easy to make, just requiring a few more products for the 3rd card.




For this first card I stamped on the Basic White base card (#159228). I stamped the image with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink (#132708). This stamp set is a Two-Step set which allows you to stamp the outline then stamp other parts of the image with different colours. The flowers were stamped with Pale Papaya ink (#155670), the leaves with Soft Sea Foam ink (#147102) and the buds with Pear Pizzaz ink (#131290). It is very easy to line up the images. The sentiment from the same stamp set was also stamped with Memento ink.




The second card was stamped exactly the same but on a separate piece of card. I also added the splotches to the background using Crumb Cake ink (#147116). I daubered the edges of the card front with Pale Papaya ink, then attached it to the Basic White base card.



The third card was also stamped the same. I also stamped 2 single flowers and fussy cut these and added them just above the sentiment with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals (#144108).

I punched the corners of the Basic White card & Pale Papaya card (#155669) with the Very Best Trio Punch (#159878). I am so excited that this punch is still available and is one of the few carry over items from the previous mini catalogue. It is my favourite punch.

 The sentiment was cut with a die from the Waves Dies (#158840). I threaded the Pale Papaya Open Weave Ribbon (#155672) through the label and attached it to the back of the card front. The card front was attached to the base card. The sentiment was attached with Stampin’ Dimensionals (#104430).

I added the shimmer to the stamped images with the Clear Wink Of Stella Brush (#141897) and the embellishments are the Fine Sparkle Adhesive-Backed Gems (#159967).

As you can see, you can make a simple card which still looks great or step it up, depending on what you like and what tools you own. If you are just starting out stamping, start with something simple then build up to more advanced as you get more products.


“Love what you do and share what you love.”

INSPIRE. CREATE. SHARE.





No comments:

Post a Comment