Monday 11 March 2013

Dinoroar 7th birthday card

Hi everyone
I've had a very busy weekend, then today had a card class here, so now I have just made a card for our grandson's 7th birthday. March is a busy month for family birthdays.


The DSP is retired (but it has to be used some time!)
The dinosaur at the bottom rolls along the slot when you tilt the card. Looks great as it rolls around. Hopefully my grandson will have fun with it.
I taped one piece of DSP to the card stock,then on a smaller piece of card added another DSP using glue to ensure it was attached all over. I cut the slot out using the Word Window punch. I started in the middle then kept moving the punch along to the desired length at both ends. The buttons on each end protects the ends as the dinosaur moves from side to side. I attached these with Crystal effects as it is a very strong glue. To make the dinosaur roll, I used two 5 cent pieces. Place one 5 cent piece under the slot, add 2 Dimensionals on top of each other, add the second 5 cent on top, then other dimensional, then the dinosaur. This means there is one 5 cent piece under the slot and one on top. This piece of card can then be attached to the base card. To attach it, I put two Dimensionals on top of each other to lift it up to allow plenty of room for the roller to move along the slot. I put the Dimensionals around the outside edge as well as around the slot. Just be careful not to have them too close to the slot otherwise the dinosaur won't roll around.
I cut the "7" out from the DSP to add to the happy birthday. The top dinosaurs were attached with Dimensionals.

Stampin' Up supplies used exclusively

Gumball Green card stock - # 127543 - p 152
Real Red card stock - # 106578 - p 153
Whisper White card stock - # 106549 - p 156
Retired DSP
Gumball Green ink - # 126861 - p 152
Basic Black ink - # 126980 - p 156
Dinoroar stamp set - # 122537 - p 64
Bring on the Cake stamp set - # 121968 - p 142
Regals Designer Buttons - # 119744 - p 176
Stampin' Dimensionals - # 104430 - p 177
Snail Adhesive - # 104332 - p 177

Thought for the day:
When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Till next time
😊Happy Stamping😊
Lesley.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment