Friday 12 February 2021

Keeping track of your stamps

Hello,

Today I am doing something different as I’m not showing you a card. I wanted to show you what I do with my stamp sets and dies so I can try to keep track of them or if I am trying to find a particular stamp or die it is a bit easier to find. I often see where someone forgets where a die or stamp comes from, so this might help as well.


When I get a die set, I photograph it and print the photo and put it into the die pack. At any time if I’m not sure where the die belongs I look at the photos.



I also write the number of dies on the front of the pack and always count the number of dies before closing the pack and putting them away.

I put the name of the dies on the stamp set that it co-ordinates with and the name of the stamp set on the dies pack. I put the catalogue name and page that it can be found also on the front of the dies and stamp set. I use magnetic strips to attach the dies inside the pack.



I also highlight the products in the catalogue once I have received them, so I don’t order them again.

I then stamp each of the images onto photocopy paper and cut out each of the dies and the various ways they can be used as shown below. I put these into a folder with all current products. I have another folder with retired products, so it’s easy to flick through to find what you want.







With the cling stamps, I never throw the excess rubber away, as it is another way of knowing that all stamps are included or one is missing as shown below. Also I keep the paper that is left after removing the labels, to avoid the stamps sticking to the case.




I hope this may give you some ideas to help keep track of your stamps and dies.

Have a great day!!

“Love what you do and share what you love.”



















No comments:

Post a Comment