Saturday 12 February 2022

Flowering Tulips stamp set

Hello friends,

I have used the Flowering Tulips stamp set (#157672) and the beautiful Flowering Fields Designer Series Paper (#157670) for this easy card.




I stamped the stem and leaves from the Flowering Tulips stamp set using Pear Pizzaz ink (#147104) onto the Basic White card (#159228). The flower is a 2 step stamp and I used Poppy Parade ink (#147050). To get the lighter red colour I used the stamping off method. The centre of the flower was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink (#132708). I attached the Designer paper to the white card, then matted this with Poppy Parade card (#121694). The Real Red Double Stitched Satin Ribbon (#151155) was wrapped around the card, then this was attached to the Basic White base card.

The sentiment is from the same stamp set and stamped with Poppy Parade ink. A die from the Seasonal Labels (#156299) cut the sentiment and attached to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals (#104430). I chose the Garden Gems (no longer available) for the embellishments.

TIP: For the stamping off method, ink your stamp as usual, then lightly stamp onto scrap paper, then stamp onto the card. This gives a lighter colour. I find this works better with darker colours but it’s always worth trying it with any colour.

“Love what you do and share what you love.”



No comments:

Post a Comment