Wednesday 25 August 2021

Delicate Dahlias

Hi again my friends,

I love the large dahlia in the Delicate Dahlias stamp set (#156601) but I also love the small flower in this Sale-a-bration set. I have made 3 variations of this card today using the small flower and leaves.






I stamped the flowers and leaves using the Stamparatus (#148187) as shown below. I marked out a 9.5cm square and diamond on a piece of grid paper and used  a piece of Basic White card (#159228) 9.5cm x 9.5cm.




I placed the card onto the square with the grid paper on the Stamparatus and stamped the first flower with Gorgeous Grape ink (#147099).



I turned the paper as shown below and stamped the 2nd flower. I repeated this till I stamped 4 flowers.



I then placed the card on the diamond to stamp the leaves with Granny Apple Green ink (#147095), moving the card after each leaf was stamped.






On the 2nd card at the top, I moved the leaves slightly away from the edge of the card. I also masked the flowers to avoid the leaves overlapping the flowers. On the first card I also stamped the flowers with Polished Pink ink (#155712), using both the outline stamp and the fill colour, then I fussy cut these flowers. 

I used the Detailed Trio Punch (#146320) to round the corners of the Basic White card and the Gorgeous Grape card (#147011). The “Hugs Prayers Love” is from the Positive Thoughts stamp set (#151490) and the other 2 sentiments are from the Encircled In Friendship stamp set (#155408). All the sentiments were stamped with Gorgeous Grape ink. The dies to cut the sentiments are from the Layering Circles (#151770) and Hippo & Friends (#153585). 

Stampin’ Dimensionals (#104430) were used to add the sentiments and the Polished Pink flowers to the card. I added the silver Simply Elegant Trim (#155766) to the 2nd card. I added the Loose Flower Flourishes (#155808) to the centre of the flowers on the first card. I did colour the purple flowers embellishments with the Dark Highland Heather Stampin’ Blend (#154887) to make them darker before adding them to the card with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen (#138309).

I embossed the cards under the Gorgeous grape card with the Timber 3D Embossing Folder (#156406), the Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder (#156505) and the Merry Melody 3D Embossing Folder (#156392).

The finished size of the card is 13cm x13cm.

“Love what you do and share what you love.”


Stay safe and keep crafting!!


















No comments:

Post a Comment