Sunday 2 January 2022

Butterflies & Flowers Layering Decorative Masks

Hi & welcome again,

When we look through a new catalogue and there is so much to take in, it is easy to miss some great products. I hope you don't miss the Butterflies & Flowers Layering Decorative Masks (#158142). I love the layering of the butterfly.




Firstly I cut the Basic White card (#159228) using a Scalloped Contours Die (#155560). There are 2 butterfly masks so I used the solid one first. I positioned this on the die cut white card and using a Blending Brush (#153611) with Balmy Blue ink (#147105), I coloured the background of the butterfly. I then positioned the detailed mask of the butterfly over the coloured image. I used a Palette Knife (#142808) to apply the Shimmery White Embossing Paste (#145645). I love the effect which is always better in real life. This doesn’t take long to dry so ensure you wash the palette knife & mask immediately to remove the excess paste.

I cut a piece of the Abstract Beauty Specialty Designer Series Paper (#158039) and attached this to the Balmy Blue card (#147007) which was dry embossed with the Splatters from the Stripes & Splatters 3D Embossing Folders (#157980). The scalloped rectangle was attached to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals (#104430).

“Thinking Of You” is from the Beauty Of Friendship stamp set (#154983) and stamped with Balmy Blue ink then cut with a Stitched Rectangles Die (#151820). I added the Iridescent Rhinestone Basic Jewels (#158130) to the card.

Tip: When using the embossing paste, apply the paste then wipe the knife over the whole image to remove any excess and return to the jar. No need to wast any. Also make sure you close the jar tight to stop it drying out. I also put the jar into a small plastic bag and keep it well sealed. This will ensure it will last longer and not dry out.

“Love what you do and share what you love.”



No comments:

Post a Comment