Thursday 6 January 2022

Dahlia Days

Hi again my friends,

I love the Dahlia Days Bundle (#157802) which consists of the Dahlia Days stamp set (#157799) and the Detailed Dahlias Dies (#157801). I have stamped the images using the masking technique.




I stamped one dahlia with Gorgeous Grape ink (#147099) on Basic White card (#159228), then cut it with a die from the Detailed Dahlias. I then stamped another  dahlia with Flirty Flamingo ink (#147052) onto the Basic White card front. Using the masking technique (see below) I then stamped the next dahlia with Bumble Bee ink (#153116). Again I masked the Bumble Bee dahlia and stamped the leaves with Soft Sea Foam ink (#147102). I attached the Gorgeous Grape dahlia with Stampin’ Dimensionals (#104430).

I stamped the “label” with Highland Heather ink (#147103), then cut this with the co-ordinating die from the Detailed Dahlias. “Thinking Of You” is from Blossoms In Bloom stamp set (#152684) and stamped with Gorgeous Grape ink.

I cut a strip of the Simply Marbleous 6”x6” Designer Series Paper (#158128), from Sale-a-bration, and attached this to the cardfront. The sentiment was then attached with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I matted the cardfront with Gorgeous Grape card (#147011). The base card is Basic White. The Brushed Brass Butterflies (#158136) were added to the card. How cute are these butterflies.

TIP: To do the masking technique, stamp the image onto a piece of Post-it notes, ensuring you have the sticky part included at the back. Then cut around the image very close to the image. Don’t leave any margin like you would normally do when fussy cutting. 

Stamp your image on your card. 



Then place this mask on top of your stamped image on your card. 


Stamp your next image


Add another mask before stamping the leaves


Remove all masks




You can re-use the mask many times. I keep mine in with the stamp set. Also if you want 2 or more masks of the same image, I stamp one image on the post-it notes and placing 2 or 3 post it notes together, cut all at the same time.


“Love what you do and share what you love.”


No comments:

Post a Comment