Tuesday 8 March 2022

Butterflies & Flowers Layering Decorative Masks

Hi friends,

I hope that everyone in the flood areas around Sydney are safe . I can’t believe how much these floods have affected so many areas on the East coast of Australia. So devastating for so many. Take care and stay safe everyone.

I am lucky enough not to be in any of the affected flood areas in Brisbane so I can still enjoy my time in the craft room. Here is my latest card.





I cut a circle from a piece of scrap card using the largest die from the Layering Circles Dies (#151770). Then I positioned this on the Basic White card front (#159228) then placed one of the masks from the Butterflies & Flowers Layering Decorative Masks (#158142) on top. I found that using the Stamparatus (#148187) makes it easy to keep these in place with the magnet.

I added a drop of the Fresh Freesia ink (#155612) to a small amount of Shimmery White Embossing Paste (#145645) and mixed this together. I did this on a Silicon Craft Sheet (#127853). Then using a Palette Knife (#142808) I applied the coloured embossing paste over the mask. After removing the mask I was left with a circular image. This doesn’t take long to dry so put the card aside while you do the rest of the elements. However ensure you wash as soon as possible the mask, palette knives and silicon mat.

The flowers from the Honeybee Home stamp set (#157943) were stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento ink (#132708). The flowers were coloured with Stampin’ Blends - Daffodil Delight (#154883), Pale Papaya (#155519), Flirty Flamingo (#154884) & Fresh Freesia (#155518) and Granny Apple Green (#154885) for the leaves. The flowers and the foliage were cut with the Honey Blooms Dies (#157951). I used Granny Apple Green card (#147014) for the foliage. Adhesive Sheets (#152334) were adhered to the Granny Apple Green card before cutting with the dies. The flowers were attached to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals (#104430). 

I punched the corner of the card front with the Detailed Trio punch (#146320), then matted the card front with Fresh Freesia card (#155614). The sentiment is from the Home & Garden stamp set (#157910) and stamped with Fresh Freesia ink (#155611). I cut this with a die from the Waves Dies (#158840). The White Glittered Organdy Ribbon (#156408) was threaded through the label and wrapped around the cardfront. The base card is Basic White. 

The purple Playing With Patterns Resin Dots (#152467) were attached to the card.


TIP: When colouring the embossing paste I always mix more paste than I probably need as I want enough without having to mix more colour. I then always have an extra piece of card ready so if I do have extra, I can use the excess paste so it doesn’t go to waste. I then have another piece of card for another project.


“Love what you do and share what you love.”


No comments:

Post a Comment