Friday 25 March 2022

Daisy Lane stamp set

Hi & welcome,

I have used more retiring products on this card and also have used a couple of colouring techniques.




I coloured the Shimmery White Embossing Paste (#145645) with a very small amount of So Saffron ink refill (#105225). A small amount goes a long wag. To mix this I put a small amount of the embossing paste onto a Silicone Craft Sheet (#127853) and gradually added the ink refill till it was the coloured I wanted. Using one of the Butterflies & Flowers Layering Decorative Masks (#158142), I applied the embossing paste with a Palette Knife (#142808) onto the Very Vanilla card (#106550). I didn't want this perfectly embossed.

The daisy and leaves are from the Daisy Lane stamp set (#149325). The flower was stamped twice onto Daffodil Delight card (#121680) with Daffodil Delight ink (#147094). Clear Wink Of Stella (#141897) was added to the petals. These were punched with the Daisy Punch (#143713) and attached with a Stampin’ Dimensional (#104430), offsetting the petals. The leaves were stamped with Pear Pizzaz ink (#147104) and fussy cut. 

I punched the corner with the Detailed Trio Punch (#146320), then attached the Very Vanilla card to the Daffodil Delight card. Before wrapping the ribbon around the card, I also coloured this as I didn't have the colour I wanted. I used the Pale Papaya Open Weave Ribbon (#155672) and coloured it with Daffodil Delight ink and a Blending Brush (#153611).

“Thinking Of You” from Quiet Meadow stamp set (#155082) was stamped with Daffodil Delight ink, then cut with a Potted Succulents Die (#154330). I cut the Daffodil Delight card also with the same die, cut it in half then attached it to the back of the sentiment. This was attached with Stampin’ Dimensionals. 

The leaves and daisy were attached to the card with Mini Glue Dots (#103683). Before adding the embellishments to the flower centre I also coloured these using the Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blend (#154883), colouring the Rhinestone Basic Jewels (#144220). 

The retiring products used here are the Daisy Lane stamp set, Daisy Punch and the Detailed Trio punch.

Don’t forget to check the retiring list on the following link-

TIP: (1)When colouring ribbons I would usually use white or very vanilla ribbons but this worked with the Pale Papaya being a light colour. 
(2)When using coloured embossing paste I usually have extra card ready to use any excess paste, so as not to waste it. If it is used without adding colour it can be returned to the jar.
(3) The embossing paste will set very quickly, so work quickly and wash the mask, palette knife and silicon mat as soon as finished.

“Love what you do and share what you love.”



No comments:

Post a Comment