Sunday 7 October 2012

Baby card

Hi
A couple of months ago I went to a card class at my friend Susan's place, and she showed a technique using re-inkers and using baby wipes to apply the ink onto the paper.(you can check out her blog on Susan's Saga). It was done with blue,pink and yellow inks, making stripes, vertically and horizotal, which made the finished product look like a baby's bunny rug. It was then embossed with the square lattice folder. This is the card we made. Looks great doesn't it!




So I decided to try using sponge daubers to apply the ink and using the ink pads instead of the re-inkers. I only wanted a very subtle colour so I used bashful blue, pink pirouette and daffodil delight- very lightly. When I applied the pink in the opposite direction to give a check pattern, it didn't show up so I lightly added calypso coral and I was happy with that result. So this is my version....



All supplies are Stampin' Up
Card stock: Melon Mambo, Glossy White
Inks: Pink Pirouette, Bashful Blue, Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Melon Mambo
Stamp sets: Button Buddies, Baby Prints, Petite Pairs
Accessories: Button(retired). Square Lattice Embossing Folder, 1-3/8" circle, dimensionals.

I have decided to set myself a challenge. Many of my stamp sets I have my favorite stamps that I use regularly, but some I have never used one or two of the stamps from a particular stamp set. I am sure many people do the same, or am I the only one? So my challenge is to use the stamps I have never used. When making this baby card, I realized I had never used this rattle stamp and most of the images from Button Buddies. That is when I decided to set this challenge for myself. So over the next week or so I will see how many "new" stamps I can use.
Thanks for visiting.
☺ Happy Stamping ☺
Lesley.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment