Sunday 7 January 2018

Petal Palette with Brusho

Hi everyone,

I have used the Brusho Crystal Colour (#144101) along with an image from the Petal Palette stamp set (#c145788, #w145785) on this card. You can apply the Brusho crystals in various ways to give a watercolour look.




Firstly I stamped the flower image onto Shimmery White card (#121717) using VersaMark (#102283) and White Stampin’ Emboss Powder (#109132) and heat set it with the Heat Tool (#129056). I added a very small amount of the Brillant Red Brusho powder onto an acrylic block and using an Aqua Painter (#103954), added some water to the powder, then coloured the flowers. I did the same with the Moss Green for the leaves. The embossed areas act like a resist so no colour remains on that. For the background I used the Yellow and Prussian Blue and spread these colours randomly on the background again using the Aqua Painter. I added a few small sprinkles of the Gamboge (orange) directly to the card and allowed the water that was on the card to “do its own thing with the crystals” and just left it to dry. Once dry, I cut the piece with a Lots Of Labels Framelits (#138281) and then a second one from Daffodil Delight card (#121680). I sponged around the smaller label with Bermuda Bay ink (#131171). You will find you will get a variety of colours from mixing the base colours of the Brusho crystals. The Blue and yellow mixed here looked very much like Bermuda Bay, so that is why I chose Bermuda Bay card (#131286) for the base. The Whisper White card (#106549) was embossed with the Petal Pair Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (#145656) and attached to the base card which was embossed with the Simple Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (#145648). Bermuda Bay ink was used to stamp Best Wishes from the Petal Palette stamp set. Before attaching the label to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals (#104430), I wrapped some of the Gold Metallic Thread (#138401) around it.
I am looking forward to discovering more possibilities with Brusho Crystals.

Bye for now.


1 comment:

  1. Love the way the colours blend together with the Brusho crystals!

    ReplyDelete