Tuesday 29 May 2018

Rooted In Nature Bundle

Hello everyone,

Today I have a sneak peek of one of the Bundles in the new annual catalogue which is available from 1st June. There are so many exciting new products, I don’t know where to start. The Rooted In Nature bundle (#c148353, #w148352) has so many possibilities, so I just couldn’t resist using this.




The Rooted In Nature stamp set (#c146482, #w146479) has16 stamp images and the Nature’s Roots Framelits Dies (#146341) has 12 dies, so most of the images have co-ordinating dies. Another great feature is that the leaves, which I have used on this card, can be cut, then embossed for a great texture. I cut the leaves from Shaded Spruce card (#147165). After embossing the texture, using the new Big Shot Embossing Mat (#146327), I rubbed VersaMark (#102283) over the leaves, then sprinkled them with Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder (#109129), which was then heat set with the Heat Tool (#129056). This shows up the veins of the embossed leaf nicely. The base card is Very Vanilla (#106550) as well as the square and banner for the sentiment. I embossed the Wood Textures 6” x 6” Designer Series Paper  (#144177) using the Pinewood Planks 3D Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder(#143708), then I lightly sanded the DSP to reveal the “grain in the timber”. I stamped the piece of wood using Crumb Cake ink (#147116) then cut the square with the Stitched Shapes Framelits (#145372) and attached it to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals (#104430). The sentiment from the same stamp set was stamped with Shaded Spruce ink (#147088). The DSP under the sentiment is from Nature’s Poem (#146338). The little branch is also stamped with Shaded Spruce ink and cut with a die from the Nature’s Roots framelits. This was attached to the card with Mini Glue Dots (#103683).

The new Big Shot Embossing Mat is fantastic, as it will allow you to use any of the detailed framelits for embossing, and who doesn’t like being able to use a product for more than one thing!! I am sure there will be lots of other things we can do with it. I just need some time to experiment with it.

I hope you are having a wonderful day.



No comments:

Post a Comment